Our dream and vision for Sydney, Australia:
- To work for unity among believers and to encourage and resource the local Church.
- To serve the inner city by loving those who are often marginalised (including youth, international students, people experiencing homelessness, immigrants, the urban poor, and others), and then work toward influencing the city as a whole, with a diverse approach that matches the complexity of the city.
- To equip believers to walk with Jesus and live a missional lifestyle in whatever sphere of society they are called to live and work in.
- To mobilise and equip a generation of believers to reach within their neighbourhoods and beyond their borders and introduce the world to the hope of Jesus.
Our ministry philosophy and approach:
Jesus came to show us what incarnational ministry looks like, and we believe we’re most effective when we also take an incarnational approach. In the book of John, chapter one it says that Jesus became flesh and blood and moved into our neighborhood. That is exactly the sort of organic, grassroots approach we want to take in Sydney — we want to move into neighborhoods, become a part of them, and quite literally love our neighbors well.
Because cities are complex and diverse, we believe that serving Sydney means that our strategy must be dynamic and multifaceted. We’re growing a network of ministries (with young people at our core) that are decentralised but connected by relationship, shared values, and mutual accountability, encouragement, and support. You can learn all about it at our ministry website.
Why focus our ministry in Sydney, Australia?
- Because (roughly) one out of every five Australians live in Sydney, making this a hugely influential city, bursting with Kingdom potential.
- Because Sydney is a city comprised of the nations. Did you know that 40% of Sydney-siders were born outside of Australia? Now imagine them getting to know Jesus and then taking Jesus to their own home nations…
- Because less than 8% of Australians attend church regularly and that’s just not good enough.
- Because Sydney is more than just a tourist destination; it’s a city of influence poised to be a blessing to the world.
- Because God loves cities… since cities are where the people are.
- Because, quite frankly, who wouldn’t want to live here??? 😉