The year ahead is set to be awesome. We are so excited about what God is doing—and wants to do—in the city of Sydney, and that we get to be a part of it.
As we prepare to plant, we believe to focus on a few key areas:
1. Laying a foundation of prayer as we ready our hearts and understand more of God’s heart for the city.
2. Building meaningful relationships with our sending church in Engadine.
3. Networking and building genuine relationships with local church pastors, leaders, regional YWAM bases, and other missions and community organizations in Sydney so we can see how we fit within the bigger picture and strategically work together to see the city transformed.
4. Getting trained and equipped for ministry planting (much like church planting).
5. Raising our support levels so that we can responsibly move into the 4th most expensive city in the world and be free to minister as God leads.
In order to do this, we’ve outlined a rough plan for the year:
Thanks for your prayers and for your belief in us as we enter into 2015 and prepare the way for our move into inner-city Sydney. We feel it’s important to not rush the pioneering process, but to take the time we need to lay the groundwork well. (It’s for this reason that we’re not yet accepting staff enquiries. Thank you for understanding.)
Please let us know if you have any questions about our timeline or process of moving forward. We’re incredibly excited about the year ahead and happy to explain more.
We so appreciate you helping us to grow so we can plant in Sydney!
The Booker family
Psst… Want to be more actively involved through various means of partnership? Learn more here.
Note: You may see ads at the bottom of this post. They are not selected, nor endorsed by the Bookers. All free WordPress websites contain ads, which is how they’re able to provide us a website at no charge. (We think that’s only fair.)